My May social calendar revolves around weddings—from engagement parties, bridal showers, or the nuptials themselves, I’m always looking for special gifts for the happy couple. There’s always a time and place for gifts off the registry, but for some of my best friends, I like to treat them to something I know they’ll love but would never buy for themselves. Over the past few years, I’ve made note of some of my favorites. Here are my Top 10 special wedding gift ideas:
1. What better way to celebrate your friends’ love than with a toast! Some of my favorite special occasion glassware is from Estelle Colored Glasses at West Elm. Because this glassware comes in so many beautiful colors, it feels like a really personal gift as you can select a color you know the couple loves.
2. A great gift for any bride-to-be in your life is a piece of jewelry engraved with her new monogram or the wedding date. Kendra Scott makes beautiful pieces you can personalize—I especially love their Davis 18K Gold Vermeil Beaded Bracelet.
3. Whether it’s their save the date, the invitation, a special photo, or a meaningful memento, gifting the happy couple a keepsake in a custom frame is always a good choice. My go-to for framing needs is Framebridge because they have beautiful frames for any decor style and their craftsmanship is unparalleled.
4. You can never go wrong with a nice bottle of bubbly, and to make it even more special, gift it with a bottle coaster—Le Village Marche has a beautiful one! They also offer a wide selection of beautiful cards, so definitely make sure to pick one up for the happy couple when you stop by!
5. What better way to document an engagement, wedding, and newlywed life than with a fun Polaroid camera? You can grab my favorite one, the Instax Mini at Target—and don’t forget to grab some fun Polaroid paper to go with it!
6. Help the happy couple say yes to no stress with a wedding survival kit from Paper Source—it’s complete with a countdown calendar, mini notepad, and, of course, tissues.
7. Any gift the happy couple can keep forever is a great gift in my book—which is why the L.L. Bean Boat & Totes has long been a go-to gift I love to give. You can easily personalize it with the couple’s monogram, their last name, or wedding date.
9. Help build the excitement for the big day with a wedding advent calendar from Anthropologie. Each day your friend gets to open something that will help them get ready for the big day.
10. And if all else fails, I always love giving the happy couple something they can enjoy doing together—and one of the best experiential gifts is a cooking class at Sur La Table. Talk about a fun, and delicious, date night!
Katie Urban is a lifestyle blogger and hosts A Touch of Teal. Read her blog to find the perfect desk-to-drink or weekend outfits, travel guide for your next adventure, home decor ideas—and cocktail recipes for when you have people over, a new book to read, or just reflections on life as a millennial living in DC.